The resources for reading listed below are those the Child Guardians have found useful in raising awareness of the issues related to child abuse and child neglect.
EDUCATIONAL PAMPHLETS: ABUSEWATCH.NET
- How to protect your child from sexual abuse
- Child sexual abuse explained
- Physical child abuse warning signs
- The four types of child abuse
STATISTICS: KIDS COUNT DATA CENTER – THE OUTCOMES OF MALTREATMENT
- Kids Count Data Center provides the latest information for national and state level statistics relevant to child well-being, including child maltreatment.
- 2014 Florida Kids Count Data Profile
WEB SITES WITH HIGH-INTEREST TOPICS RELATED TO MALTREATMENT
- Florida’s Center for the Advancement of Child Welfare Practice
- Florida Kids Count Report
- National Center for Child Welfare (Statistics related child welfare by State)
- Ounce of Prevention
- National Network for Youth
- Florida Network of Youth Services
- Florida State Foster Care/Adoption Parent Association
- Help Guide – Harvard Medical School’s comprehensive guide to mental, emotional and social health
LOCAL (NW FLORIDA) RESOURCE LISTINGS
- LIST OF LOCAL HUMAN SERVICE RESOURCES FOR OUR FOUR-COUNTY AREA :(ESCAMBIA, SANTA ROSA, OKALOOSA, AND WALTON COUNTIES, FLORIDA)
- Street Survival Guide (This is the latest version of local resources for Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties, Florida, collated by the EscaRosa Homeless Coalition. (Choose the Help & Resources Tab)
- Local Help in Okaloosa and Walton Counties
- One Harvest – High-Quality Food Boxes (no income qualifications – available to public by ordering on website)
ACADEMIC RESOURCES FOR CAREGIVERS
- 100 tips for Parents and Caregivers
- Summer Reading Activity Kit
- Family Fun Reading Activities
- The Khan Academy – on-line tutoring source (FREE ON-LINE TUTORING) on a wide variety of topics for children and adults)
- Family Fun Reading Activities (Reading activities for all ages from the Florida Department of Education)
- The Online Learning Guidebook An On-line Learning Guide to help students of all ages learn more effectively online.
- Eight Tips for Deduction Charitable Donations
- Understanding and Preventing Suicide Among Students (Student Guidebook)
- National Housing Coalition – How much do you have to earn to afford modest housing in your state.
- https://findyourcontext.education – The right online degree can be your catalyst for upward mobility and the earning power that comes with it. This FREE website walks you through the process of selecting an on-line degree program that meets your needs.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE ISSUES
- What are Symptoms of an Alcohol Use Disorder?
- Bipolar and Addiction: The Dual Diagnosis
- Parental Instinct: Identifying and Stopping Opioid Abuse in Adult Children
- PTSD and Substance Abuse in Veterans
- Stronger Than Ever: A Counseling Guide for the LGBTQ Community
- The Ninth Step Guide: Making Amends
- Enabling 101: How Love Becomes Fear and Help Becomes Control
- Teen Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- 12 Ways to Help a Teen Handle the Emotional Challenges of Moving
- How to Forgive an Addict